This project aims to help counties in the Horn of Africa address the dual challenge of the rising number of displaced people being hosted in urban areas (urban displacement) and wider urbanisation. It will focus on regional dialogue and fostering peer networks and knowledge exchange on the challenges and opportunities relating to urban displacement in the context of urbanisation. As part of this project, two pilot actions will provide direct support to urban areas, with severely stressed or pre-existing low coverage of basic services and a high concentration of refugees.
The overall objective is to increase the safety and well-being of displaced populations and their host communities living in urban or peri-urban settings and reduce inequalities between these groups.
The specific objectives are
1. Strengthened inclusion and participation of displaced persons in the economic and social life in urban settings across the region.
2. Improved livelihoods and greater access to quality basic services for refugees and host population in selected urban settings.
EUR 2 799 957
International Rescue Committee
EUR 8 200 000
EUR 600 000
- Продължителност на проекта
- 1 Янр 2019 г. - 9 Дек 2023 г.
- Местоположения на проекта
- Участие на ЕС
- €8 200 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of AfricaRegional Horn of Africa