In the framework of the Valletta Summit in November 2015, European and African leaders discussed the European migration situation. The Summit resulted in the adoption of a Political Declaration and Action Plan ensuring, among others priorities, the substantial increase of the number of scholarships for African students and academic staff through the EU supported Erasmus+ programme.
In order to further support the ongoing ERASMUS+ programme and increase the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in West Africa and the Horn of Africa, this action will support the mobility of 2,200 students and university staff between Europe and African partner countries.
This will contribute to improving the capacities, quality, and international dimension of institutions and further support the skills and employability of youth.
Building on existing practices and mechanisms under Erasmus+, the action will further complement the already ongoing support from the EUTF for the Sahel and Lake Chad (T05-EUTF-REG-SAH-10) and enlarge the geographical scope. This action as the previous one will finance additional mobility flows for targeted countries, as opposed to creating a brand new action.
For more information on the first ERASMUS+ programme in West Africa, please refer to: https://ec.europa.eu/trustfundforafrica/region/sahel-lake-chad/regional…
The overall objective of the action is to promote sustainable development and ultimately contribute to poverty reduction by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in West Africa and the Horn of Africa. More specifically the programme aims at improving the skills and competences of students and staff, through enhanced access to higher education.
The specific objectives are:
- support learners from West Africa and the Horn of Africa in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences) with a view to improving their personal development, their involvement as considerate and active citizens in society and their employability
- support the professional development of staff from West Africa and the Horn of Africa who work in education, with a view to innovating and improving the quality of teaching and training
- increase the capacities, quality, attractiveness and international dimension of participating organisations so that they are able to offer activities and programmes that better respond to the needs of individuals and contribute to the harmonisation of programmes and curricula
- Projekto terminas
- 2018 gruo. 17 - 2023 bal. 17
- Projekto įgyvendinimo vietos
- Burkina FasoNigerNigeriaSenegalDjiboutiEthiopiaEritreaKenyaSomaliaSouth SudanSudanCameroonTanzaniaUgandaChadCôte d’IvoireThe GambiaGhanaGuineaMaliMauritania
- ES įnašas
- €9 813 810
- Region and Country
- Improved migration management
- Directorate General for Education and Culture