The project aims to facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration management through the development and implementation of rights-based, development-focused and sustainable return and reintegration policies and processes.
In May 2018, a top-up of €20 million was approved with to aid the Regional Facility on Dignified Return and Sustainable Reintegration in supporting the reintegration of returnees from the Central Mediterranean Route and EU Member States in particular.
An second top-up of €10 million was accepted in December 2019, to allow sustaining the provision of emergency protection, life-saving assistance, voluntary return and reintegration of vulnerable migrants – as well as the generation of migration data and capacity building activities – until mid-2021.
An additional top-up of €5.95 million to the action was finalised in July 2021, increasing the total EU contribution to €60.95 million. The additional funds aim to reinforce the core set of activities under the pillars of migration data, capacity building, assisted voluntary return and reintegration assistance (AVRR), as well as monitoring and evaluation.
The overall objective of the project is the following: to facilitate orderly, safe, regular and rights-based migration through the facilitation of dignified voluntary return and the implementation of development-focused and sustainable reintegration policies and processes.
The specific objectives are:
1. Partner countries and relevant stakeholders develop or strengthen evidence-based return and reintegration procedures.
2. Safe, humane, dignified voluntary return processes are enhanced along main migration routes.
3. Migrants' rights are promoted and returnees benefit from sustainable economic, social and psycho-social reintegration that also benefits communities.
International Organization for Migration
EUR 25 000 000
- Start date
- 2016. dec. 15.
- A projekt helyszínei
- DjiboutiEthiopiaEritreaKenyaSouth SudanSudanSomalia
- Uniós hozzájárulás
- €60 950 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of AfricaRegional Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved migration management
- International Organization for Migration