This aim of this project is to sustainably strengthen the health system in Sudan for epidemic preparedness and response addressing the needs of the COVID-19 pandemic in the the country.
Since there was a clear need to continue providing support to a COVID-19 response in Sudan that addresses the ongoing crisis and provides elements of a sustainable strengthening of the health system and epidemiological preparedness and response, a top-up of €10.2 million to this project was approved in September 2020.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1) Governance and coordination to control and minimize the spread of COVID-19 are strengthened;
2) Surveillance, rapid response and laboratory capacities are strengthened;
3) Capacity to isolate and manage cases is strengthened;
4) Risk communication and WASH measures at health facility level are strengthened;
5) Essential PHC and emergency care services are maintained.
EUR 20 050 000
- Durée du projet
- 17 avr 2020 - 17 avr 2023
- Lieux du projet
- Contribution de l’UE
- €20 200 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Strengthening resilience of communities
- World Health Organization