This project will improve basic education services in Sudan. It will do so comprehensively by integrating other sectors in the education intervention in schools, i.e. health, WASH, child protection and nutrition.
A €15 million top-up to the action was also approved in July 2021, bringing the total to €25 million. The additional funds to be delegated to UNICEF will allow to expand: 1) the geographical target to all South Darfur and South Kordofan States (instead of the 4 localities initially planned); 2) the target groups from 20,000 beneficiaries, to 20,000 children from refugee and host communities (including IDPs), 5,000 nomads and 100,000 students for remedial programme; 3) the number of teachers, school management staff and community members targeted; and 4) the number of children and adolescents benefitting from participation in children and youth clubs. In addition, activities to improve the Education Management Information System in Sudan to provide better data and information for planning and programming are also proposed. An additional focus will be put on quality education with the provision of technical assistance to introduce classroom learning assessment and improvement activities. Furthermore, remedial education will be provided to address the learning loss due to COVID-19 and school closures in 2020.
The overall objective of the action is to contribute to the improvement of quality education for all children, including refugees, IDPs, nomadic and host communities in South Darfur and South Kordofan and to facilitate integration of refugee children into Sudan’s national education system in line with the country’s commitments under the Djibouti Declaration for Refugee Education.
The specific objectives are:
1) to support the Sudanese government with the development of a national inclusive education policy and action plan for refugees and host communities, including IDPs;
2) to increase access to safe and inclusive quality pre-school and basic education for children from Sudanese populations, including refugee, nomadic, host communities, and IDPs.
- Продължителност на проекта
- 12 Дек 2018 г. - 31 Дек 2025 г.
- Местоположения на проекта
- Участие на ЕС
- €25 000 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Strengthening resilience of communities