The Regional Development and Protection Programme (RDPP) in Ethiopia is part of the wider RDPP in the Horn of Africa led by the Netherlands. In line with the RDPP framework, the overall objective of RDPP Ethiopia is to create evidence-based, innovative and sustainable development and protection solutions for refugees and their host communities in Ethiopia, hence providing alternatives to irregular primary and secondary movements. RDPP Ethiopia is financed under the EU Trust Fund (EUTF) Horn of Africa window with a total budget of EUR 30 million.
RDPP Ethiopia is focussed on integrated solutions targeting both refugees and host communities in four main areas of intervention: (1) improved access to basic services in water, energy and education, (2) improved livelihhood and employment opportunities, (3) improved protection with a focus on access to justice and rule of law, and (4) strengthened capacities of local authorities and multi-stakeholder coordination platforms to cooperate in developing an integrated approach for refugees and host communities.
RDPP Ethiopia is being implemented in the following five geographic areas of Ethiopia:
Lot 1: Shire area (Tigray Regional State)
Lot 2: Dollo Ado area (Somali Regional State)
Lot 3: Jijiga area (Somali Regional State)
Lot 4: Bahrale and Aysaita areas (Afar Regional State )
Lot 5: Major urban centres in Ethiopia (Out of Camp/urban refugees)
The specific objectives and focus of the interventions in Ethiopia are the following:
1. Improved social cohesion through improved access to integrated basic service delivery for Eritrean and Somali refugees (in and out of camp) and their host communities.
2. Improved livelihoods and employment opportunities for Eritrean and Somali refugees (in and out of camp) and their host communities.
3. Improved protection, where needs are identified, of Eritrean and Somali refugees (in and out of camp) and host communities in Ethiopia, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups in complementarity with AMIF action .
4. Strengthened capacities of local authorities and multi-stakeholder coordination platforms to cooperate in developing an integrated approach for refugees, host communities and mixed migration flows.
Save the Children
EUR 5 888 890
EUR 3 888 738
International Rescue Committee
EUR 9 385 704
Norwegian Refugee Council
EUR 8 817 556
Danish Church Aid
EUR 4 000 000
- Trajanje projekta
- 23. pro 2016. - 1. ruj 2020.
- Lokacije projekta
- Doprinos EU-a
- €29 673 700
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved governance and conflict preventionStrengthening resilience of communities
- Plan InternationalSave the ChildrenDanish Church AidNorwegian Refugee CouncilInternational Rescue Committee