The overall objective of the action is to create an evidence-based, innovative and sustainable development and protection solution for refugees and host communities in Kalobeyei through the establishment of an integrated settlement area, in which refugees and the host community live together peacefully, have access to social services and develop economic ties to build sustainable livelihoods.
The action will cover parts of the preparatory phase as well as the first phase of the Kalobeyei Integrated Social and Economic Development Plan (KISEDP).
The specific objectives of the project are: (1) improved health standards for the population in Kalobeyei and surrounding areas; (2) increased food and nutrition security for host com-munities and refugees, as well as strengthened economic resilience and well-being; (3) increased school enrolment of children in Kalobeyei and surrounding communities according to educational standards; (4) improved child safety and wellbeing; and (5) increased social cohesion and reduced conflict over resources.
Samuel Hall FZE
EUR 110 000
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
EUR 14 700 000
- Продължителност на проекта
- 28 Aпр 2016 г. - 31 Дек 2022 г.
- Местоположения на проекта
- Участие на ЕС
- €14 777 700
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved governance and conflict preventionStrengthening resilience of communities
- World Food ProgrammeUNICEFFood and Agriculture OrganizationUnited Nations High Commissioner for Refugees