The overall objective is to:
Ease pressure on Ethiopia as a major host country for refugees and increase refugee self-reliance by fostering sustainable, integrated and self-reliant solutions for both refugees and host communities in Ethiopia in response to their developmental needs and aspirations.
The specific objectives of the action are:
1. Enhanced organisational and technical capacity of ARRA, MoFEC, and other relevant Ethiopian government institutions to organise and manage the CRRF governance structure in Ethiopia, and to implement sustainable and development-oriented responses as part of the CRRF at federal, regional and local level.
2. Strengthened socio-economic development and better employment opportunities for refugees and host communities in the Jijiga area of Somali Regional State by supporting and piloting the implementation of Ethiopia’s refugee pledges, in particular those related to local integration of refugees, expansion of the Out-of-Camp policy and the “Documentation Pledges”.
EUR 10 000 000
EUR 4 200 000
EUR 349 950
- Start date
- 12 GRU 2017
- Miejsca realizacji projektu
- Wkład UE
- €14 750 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved governance and conflict preventionStrengthening resilience of communities
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees