This project seeks to strengthen the economic governance capacity of the Government of the State of Eritrea (GSE). The aim is for Eritrea to have a sound, capable and self-reliant National Statistics System (NSS) by the end of the programme. Statistical data is the foundation for development policy, through which investment and private sector development can be encouraged. This programme therefore targets a core issue that has an end goal of improving development outcomes for all Eritreans. Strong data collection capacity will contribute to promotion of economic growth and good governance.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- Improving the availability and access to timely, reliable, comprehensive and quality statistics for planning sound economic sectoral policies and development goals;
- Strengthening the cohesion of the NSS, both at central and local level (kebabi/village) and the institutional and coordination capacities of the NSO.
- Looptijd project
- 1 sept. 2020 - 1 sept. 2024
- €1 017 280
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved governance and conflict prevention
- United Nations Development Programme