This programme will focus on the regional dimension of fight against smugglers and traffickers. It will target the public sector of the countries in the region (in particular the Ministries of Interior, Justice, Finance, and Health). The overall objective of this programme is to contribute to reducing enablers of - and mitigating vulnerabilities arising from - irregular migration in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia by focusing on the dismantling of organized criminal groups involved in migrant smuggling and human trafficking.
The overall objective will be achieved through:
1) enhanced detection and interception capacities of front-line officers and agencies at selected border crossing points and key hub cities along smuggling routes;
2) strengthened identification and investigation capacities of first responders (including law enforcement officers, healthcare professionals and social workers, Libyan Department to Counter Illegal Migration, labour inspectors and other relevant practitioners) with regards to migrant smuggling and human trafficking cases while protecting victims;
3) enhanced skills and knowledge of relevant law enforcement agencies on special investigation techniques, allowing relevant authorities to more effectively and rapidly dismantle criminal networks;
4) strengthened practical expertise and skills of criminal justice practitioners in prosecuting and adjudicating migrant smuggling and human trafficking cases, notably through regional and international cooperation.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
EUR 15 000 000
- Продължителност на проекта
- 4 Дек 2017 г. - 31 Юли 2023 г.
- Местоположения на проекта
- Участие на ЕС
- €15 000 000
- Region and Country
- North of AfricaRegional North of Africa
- Improved migration management
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime