The project aims to support the new civilian-led government in Sudan to establish a robust social protection system, and also channel limited funds through existing and pilot social protection mechanisms. The project responds to the priorities of the recently formed, civilian-led Government of Sudan to a) enhance social protection systems and b) to test and establish means to mitigate the consequences of anticipated economic reforms in the country. With the programme, the EU seeks to support the Transition Government to build a long-term inclusive rights-based social protection system.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
- Deliver social assistance to vulnerable citizens;
- Contribute to the development of an effective and comprehensive government-owned social protection system.
- Doba trvání projektu
- 12. pro 2019 - 12. čvn 2022
- Místa realizace projektu
- Příspěvek EU
- €34 870 000
- Region and Country
- Horn of Africa
- Strengthening resilience of communities
- World BankOIT - ILO - Organisation Internationale du Travail - International Labour OrganizationUNICEF