The programme will contribute to improving the governance of labour migration and the protection of migrant workers in the North of Africa by supporting the development and implementation of coherent and comprehensive policy frameworks guided by relevant human rights and labour standards and based on reliable data and evidence. These are essential for fair and effective labour migration governance and decent work. In addition, it will contribute to preparing, putting in place or improving legal migration and mobility schemes in cooperation with selected North African countries – Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia – and EU Member States, initially Germany and Belgium. Other EU MS might participate at a later stage.
The **Overall Objective** of the Action is to foster mutually beneficial legal migration and mobility, in line with the EU TF North of Africa Window Priority Action 2.
The specific objectives of the Action are the following:
1. Policy, legislative, institutional and regulatory frameworks in the field of legal migration & mobility are progressively established across the North of Africa countries;
2. Mechanisms for assessment, certification, validation and recognition of migrants' skills and qualifications are improved;
3. Migration related knowledge and data management in the field of legal migration and mobility is improved;
4. Mobility-schemes with selected North African countries – Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia - are established and/or improved;
5. Cooperation between relevant stakeholders in the field of legal migration and mobility, in particular job placement, is improved.
ENABEL - Belgian Development Agency
EUR 5 000 000
EUR 8 000 000
International Organization for Migration
EUR 7 000 000
- Διάρκεια έργου
- 13 Δεκ 2018 - 31 Οκτ 2023
- Τόποι έργων
- Συνεισφορά ΕΕ
- €20 000 000
- Region and Country
- North of AfricaRegional North of Africa
- Improved migration management
- ENABEL - Belgian Development AgencyInternational Organization for MigrationOIT - ILO - Organisation Internationale du Travail - International Labour OrganizationGIZ