Nigeria faces one of the worst humanitarian crises with five million people needing urgent food assistance. The UN posits that up to 55,000 children are in famine-like conditions in Borno State and 300,000 will suffer from severe acute malnutrition worsened by reduced immunity to illnesses. This is one of the largest crises worldwide that remains largely unaddressed. By addressing priorities under the EU Trust Fund, this programme is a strategic complement to the EUR 123 million joint humanitarian-development programme “EU Support to Response, Recovery and Resilience in Borno State” approved on 24/03/2017 under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Nigeria.
Overall objective : to build the resilience of conflict affected people in Borno State in terms of food and nutrition security based on a conflict-sensitive approach and in an environment-friendly way.
- Specific objective 1 (SO1) : Strengthen food security and livelihood opportunities for vulnerable rural communities through the development of small-scale and family farming to sustainably improve production and mitigate agro-pastoral risks.
- Specific objective 2 (SO2): Improve access to basic social services for the most vulnerable by restoring basic health, nutrition and WASH services.
- Specific objective 3 (SO3): Enhance social protection for women and youth and other at-risk groups through increased economic and employment opportunities in sectors of growth including agriculture.
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
EUR 22 169 793
- Start date
- 28 Απρ 2017
- Τόποι έργων
- Συνεισφορά ΕΕ
- €20 000 000
- Region and Country
- Sahel & Lake Chad
- Strengthening resilience of communities
- Food and Agriculture OrganizationUnited Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of WomenWORLD FOOD PROGRAMME - WFP- MOZAMBIQUE