The overall objective of the proposed action is to contribute to strengthening the governance of migration in Nigeria and sustainable reintegration of returning migrants. The proposed action will focus on (i) enhancing the governance of migration and migration data collection and dissemination including data on return and reintegration through the implementation of key policy activities; (ii) strengthening sustainable reintegration of 3 800 returning migrants by supporting the government of Nigeria to improve and scale-up the provision and support for return and reintegration, including vulnerable migrants and victims of trafficking; (iii) increasing awareness of 200 communities in high migration areas on the consequences and viable alternatives to irregular migration & support migrants and their communities to have access to accurate information to support informed and safe migration and community cohesion; and (iv) strengthening the capacities of the government in the implementation of a national labour migration policy action plan.
The overall objective of the proposed action will be to contribute to the strengthening of a sustainable reintegration system in Nigeria.
1. To support Nigeria to scale up the provision of reintegration assistance.
2. To support the government of Nigeria to enhance national structures and capacities to manage return and reintegration in a sustainable and dignified manner.
3. To increase information and awareness among potential migrants on the consequences of irregular migration and the opportunities for regular migration
International Organization for Migration
EUR 15 500 000
- Start date
- 15 May 2017
- Project locations
- EU contribution
- €15 500 000
- Region and Country
- Sahel & Lake Chad
- Improved migration management
- International Organization for Migration