The overall objective of the project is to facilitate the free movement of persons and improve regular labour migration and mobility in the IGAD region in order to enhance regional economic integration, stability and development.
Considering the progress achieved, in June 2020 the project was topped up with an amount of €5 million. This will help promoting inter-regional legal migration further, while enhancing orderly cross-border mobility and migration, regional economic integration, and regional development.
The specific objectives of the project are:
(I) to support the process of adoption, ratification and domestication of the IGAD Protocols on Free Movement of Persons and on Transhumance by IGAD Member States upon their adoption by IGAD Council of Ministers, along with complementary measures to implement them; and
(II) to improve opportunities for regulated labour mobility and decent work for migrant workers in the region.
Intergovernmental Authority on Development
EUR 3 600 000
EU Delegation Djibouti
EUR 16 809
OIT - ILO - Organisation Internationale du Travail - International Labour Organization
EUR 6 000 000
- Doba trvání projektu
- 28. dub 2016 - 28. pro 2020
- Místa realizace projektu
- DjiboutiEthiopiaKenyaSomaliaSudanUgandaSouth Sudan
- Příspěvek EU
- €14 952 500
- Region and Country
- Horn of AfricaRegional Horn of Africa
- Greater economic and employment opportunitiesImproved migration managementStrengthening resilience of communities
- Intergovernmental Authority on DevelopmentOIT - ILO - Organisation Internationale du Travail - International Labour Organization