The overall objective of the action is to save lives and improve the resilience of vulnerable migrants, migrants at risk, asylum seekers, refugees and host communities (including IDPs and returnees) in Libya and to increase social cohesion among these groups. The specific objective is to provide high quality lifesaving multi sectoral and dignified protection interventions and services to these vulnerable groups.
These objectives are now even more relevant than before in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects for vulnerable populations and populations at risk both in terms of life saving interventions, relief assistance, health assistance and increasing risks in social cohesion, livelihoods and stigmatisation.
The immediate outcomes/results to achieve through this Action are the following:
1. Multi-sectoral assistance, support and protection for migrants, refugees and asylum-seekers in DCs and at DPs for persons rescued/intercepted at sea.
2. Support to migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, IDPs, returnees and host communities in urban settings and shelters provided including community engagement and resilience.
3. Durable solutions for most vulnerable persons of concern (PoC) to UNHCR through emergency evacuations outside of Libya.
4. Improved TB case management (detection, screening, treatment) for risk groups.
5. Protection monitoring of vulnerable population and analysis of migration displacement in Libya.
6. Improved search and rescue capacity (LCG and GACS) and basic improvements of DPs and DCs.
7. Improved capacity building, national technical leadership and coordination of relevant stakeholders.
8. Improved labour conditions and increased opportunities for migrants.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
EUR 13 000 000
International Organization for Migration
EUR 3 300 000
- Project duration
- 20 May 2020 - 31 Oct 2022
- Project locations
- EU contribution
- €30 200 000
- Region and Country
- North of Africa
- World Health OrganizationInternational Organization for MigrationUnited Nations High Commissioner for Refugees